Adult Faith Formation Overview
St. Norbert Parish offers a well-rounded curriculum of adult formation programs throughout the year. Every parishioner is encouraged to participate in the following cornerstones of our Adult Formation effort:
- Alpha: A 10 week course with an optional two-day retreat that explores the essential components of the Christian faith in a manner that is engaging for people who have little or no background in Christianity.
- The Bible Timeline: This program makes reading the Bible not only easy, but exciting. See more about how you can understand the big picture of Salvation History while making the Mass readings more pertinent to your daily life on The Great Adventure Bible Timeline page in this website.
- Scripture Study: “Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ,” said St. Jerome. As such, St. Norbert offers many opportunities to engage in the study of God’s word through individual scripture studies like Matthew, Acts of the Apostles, Psalms, Revelation and more (see the Bible Studies section of this website for study dates and times).
- “Living Your Strengths”: Finding out your strengths and discovering how you might apply your God-given talents in service to our parish, our community and our families is the propose of this program.
- “What We Believe and Why: A Closer Look at the Creed”: These series of lectures by Father Joseph Serano, O.Praem. of Daylesford Abbey, explore the fullness of our Catholic faith by examining our Creed.
Thus, starting each fall, throughout the year and particularly during Lent, these and other faith sharing, lectures series, RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) for those interested in becoming Catholic, Catholic Book Club, and talks are presented.
View this Adult Formation section for dates, times and places of these sessions and watch the Home Page of our website for upcoming offerings and events.