October is Respect Life Month and our St. Norbert Chapter has many opportunities for you to participate in saving lives:
- Baby Bottle Campaign: Please take home a baby bottle the weekend of Oct 6 to help fund our Respect Life Ministry activities. Fill your bottles with coins, checks and bills. Return your bottles the weekend of Oct 20. These funds help support our March for Life to Washington in January and pregnant women, new mothers, babies and children including those with Down syndrome.
- Unplanned: A special showing for the entire parish will be held on Friday, Oct 18, 7 pm, in the St. Norbert Church. Unplanned brings an eye-opening look inside the abortion industry from a woman who was once its most passionate advocate. No matter which side of the fence you are on, no one will leave this film unmoved by Abby Johnson’s journey. Not recommended for children under 14: Registration: Ron Pollack at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planned Parenthood Vigil: Over 500 cities in the USA will be holding 40 Days for Life Vigils. Our St. Norbert Vigil outside Planned Parenthood of West Chester will be Wednesday, Oct 23, 8 am to 7 pm. Volunteer: For one hour at a time in the Narthex weekends of Oct 12 & 19. Contact: Honora Jackson at 610.296.0288
- Life Chain: A peaceful, prayer vigil to witness for the unborn will be held in downtown Paoli Oct 6, 2:30-3:30 pm in front of the CVS. Contact: Joe Maxwell at email@example.com or call 610.955.5701.
- Special Guest: Fr. Denis Wilde, OSA, PhD, Associate Director, Priests for Life, will be speaking at all Masses the weekend of Oct 20. “There is sadly no more dangerous place to live than the womb,” said Fr. Wilde. “This bizarre situation of a culture of death propped up by law and camouflaged as medicine perpetuates a lie of colossal order. Its consequence is a dead end street to baby, mother and civilization.”