Small Groups Faith Sharing
Parishioners, both men and women, together and separately) gather regularly in parish facilities or in members’ homes, with the intention of sharing and deepening their faith by reading the gospel for the upcoming week.
Lent is right around the corner. Pandemic or not it is time to get our hearts and minds recentered on walking with Jesus. This pandemic has been extremely difficult in so many ways. It has been hard to be a joyful follower, hard to find time to pray, hard to focus, and difficult to build a better relationship with Jesus. Being alone and isolated is tough. As we are forced to stay home to be safe, we also have been distant from our Church Community and the Eucharist.
Do you miss sharing your faith with others? Do you want to get to know Jesus? It is far easier to get to know Jesus when we are with others. Being with others and sharing our faith takes our experience to a whole new level. But how do we do this when we cannot attend Mass, receive the Eucharist, spend time together?
One way to do this is to join a small group during Lent. We will be offering several opportunities for you to be with others, virtually, and to strengthen our dedication to Jesus during Lent.
If you cannot sign up for a formal small group, consider making a small group in your house, or your neighborhood or your family via Zoom.
The important thing is that we get to know Jesus a little better, and the best way to do this is with others.
Consider signing up for one of our Lenten Programs:
1, Small Group Discussion on Gospel Reading or our Christmas Book, I HEARD GOD LAUGH by Matthew Kelly:
- Meet weekly on zoom to discuss the upcoming gospel readings or talk about the book, given out at Christmas on Prayer.
- Small Groups meet once a week during Lent on a Zoom call.
- Each session is 1 hour.
- Each small group will have 10-12 participants.
2. Small Group Discussion on the SEARCH, led by Ed Grady –
- View a weekly video at home from formed.org.
- Join us on a zoom call once a week, during Lent, for 6 weeks, to discuss the video.
- Each session is 1 hour.
- The program asks the question what do you want from your life? The questions are there and the answers too.
3. Informal Small Group:
- If you cannot join a formal small group, consider:
- Getting together in person, via zoom or on the phone with a family member or members, a friend, or a neighbor.
- Read the gospel before the weekend’s readings and talk about what the readings says to you.
- Read the book: I HEARD GOD LAUGH by Matthew Kelly and talk about it during Lent.
- The book is a great resource on Prayer and How to Pray.
Lent is a great time to shake up our spiritual life. Consider either joining a formal small group, being a part of an informal home group or watch the Search program.
Whatever we do for Lent, let us commit to spend more time with God and to try to encounter God with others because as Jesus said, where two or more are gathered together, I am there.
Here is the link to sign up for a Small Group: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=qdiQCE